RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:44:24 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Jean-Louis,
Just for the record, I want to correct you on the belief that Japanese
don't consume dairy products.  I have contact daily with many Japanese
families and all of the kids and most of the parents drink a lot of whole
milk.  Most of the kids have milk every morning.  They believe that since
they have added dairy and meat into their diet since the end of WWII,
they have gotten taller and stronger.

I also lived in Japan and found very few people following the
stereotypical diet.  It seems that older folks do stick to it, but the
younger ones have a varied diet that includes eggs, taost, and cornflakes
for breakfast, white bread products at lunch, and white rice, and meat
for dinner.  They eat veggies, but in very small amounts.

If Shawn Luca is still on thelist, he'll come to my defense I'm sure as
he has just spent an unraw time there.  Hey, Shawn, where are you?

It seems to me that once a country shifts from lesser developed to oodles
of money, that changes everything.  Instead of spending time preparing
food, packaged food reigns.  The busier and crazier we get, the greater
the chances are that our health suffers. At least that's what I think now!

Back to the main point-Japanese people do consume dairy,and I would bet
that the numbers are growing.

Meredith