RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Irene King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 12:51:17 PST
Unless something has been discovered in the last few yeas or so,
researchers have not discovered *any* successful culture that was either
100% vegetarian or raw food.  None.  Even the fabled Hunzas (and all
other long-lived cultures, for that matter) include meat in their diets,
even if on a limited basis.  And because many of them live in very harsh
environments, they cook and preserve their food for hard times.

I, for one, am not going to argue with any culture where heart disease
and cancer is virtually unknown and you're not considered "elderly"
until you hit the century mark!

We live in a society where getting fresh raw food is as simple as going
to the local market.  If we had to work for our food the way people in
these cultures have to do, I think we'd have a very different outlook on
how important raw/cooked food is.

Irene