RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:10:42 -0500
I know that when I changed my diet two years ago it seemed like a lot
of trouble in the beginning. And the transition does take effort. It
is a
major revamping. But once it is made, it gets real simple to maintain.
So
I encourage you to dive in, continue reading and begin to incorporate
what
sounds doable to you, one step at a time. it's a cumulative process
and it
will always be developing, and there is a learning curve in the
beginning,
and it does get easier.

About getting hungry, bring food to work with you. What I do is make
some
cooked lentils, rice and cauliflower and make a large salad out of it
that
contains salad greens, peppers, celery, peas, sprouts, carrots, pour
lots
of flax seed oil and Udo oil on it and some lemon juice. this lasts a
few
days in the fridge and we take it to work.  I also eat cold smoked
salmon
with it. sometimes I used steamed potatoes instead of the lentil/rice.
My
husband and I are not 100% raw on a daily basis. This is something
that
has worked for us.

You have to experiment and see what works for you, in the short run
and in
the long run.
Lucia