RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:46:23 -0800
Hi Stefan and Liza,

I'm still on that OTHER list, and must leave soon.  That "moderator" is
unbelievably hostile to anything I and others have to say, and has at a
minimum a spiteful sarcastic tone towards anyone who doesn't conform
precisely to his ideas.  On the other hand, if you take it all not very
seriously you might find it amusing, like a script from a weird party in
some bad movie.  If I took his comments very seriously I'd be very
offended.  I am always in search of useful information, but that other
list is starting to waste my energy.  Unlike here !!

> << I recently left the "Bionomic Nutrition Forum", a mailinglist, maintained
> by John Coleman, a fanatical vegan.  >>
> Yes I was on that list too - oh my goodness! So much hate and wild fury!!
> Quite an experience. When I first got online that was the first "list" I
> discovered (its not really a list at all) - and I was SOOOOO delighted to find
> it, and to be able to talk with like-minded people.

My sincere thanks to the owner and contributors of this list who have
enriched my life, helped me significantly in my search for new material
and information.  The input has helped me personally, and
professionally.  Most useful to me are the archives, and recommendatinos
others have given to me for reading more.  I'm completely convinced that
many chronic diseases have "cures"  - by changing to a more raw foods
diet, but which raw foods are the big mystery in some cases. Liza, you
are gracious and generous in your description - I have worse opinions of
I'll not share.  I like the sincerity of the people here - no zealotry
or fanatical lectures -

> But man oh MAN did I get in hot water over there, almost immediately.  I've
> saved some of the messages I was sent - they are really hilarious.  Very, VERY
> long, foaming, spitting furiously explosive diatribes, in which I was credited
> for every kind of hideous evil there is. It really makes you a little nervous
> about ever eating ANY fruit at all, ever again.

I once asked him if I could have a discussion with him without so much
hostility, and he said yes, that this hostlility was because I had
caught him at a bad time - but further  attempts at discussion were only
met with more fervor.

> << In fact the socalled moderator in this case was much worse than all of the
> listmembers
> I think its just a place for him to have an audience for his opinions, and
> "vent" some anger or something.

so, again, thanks to you all, sane, intellectually stimulating writers,
but especially to Ben, Tom, Stefan, Jean-Louis whose posts and
discussions have helped me and made this list a source of great
interest, and a terrific learning experience...

with appreciation,
regards,
roberta