RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:23:40 -0700
>9) People on steroids can safely fast with supervision

i am interested to know more about that. I am in cortisone threrapy
for
19 years because of Addison disease ( unfunctionning adrenal cortex).
My 2 previous experience in  fasting have been very dramatic . !st
time
was just 1 year before diagnosis and was very low in cortisone
allready,
i just fasted 2 days and end up vomiting and dehydrating not able to
keep the water. ( i was going into addison crisis that can be deadly)
still remember how good tasting was my 1st food, i desesperatly needed
some glucose because i think without appropriate cortisol level i had
hard time to make glucose available in my blood (is it correct?) and i
needed salt because i was waisting my sodium ( dehydratation).
The crises stop after i went back to eating.
2nd ,with the support of a yoga teatcher friend of mine and the
inspiration of Erhet book , and with faith i went into fasting and
foolishly decide to quit the cortisol ( 4 years after diagnosis), 7
days later i was flying over the beautiful mountains that i was living
in,
in a semiunconscious state to the nearest hospital. That time i got
close
to death went totally unconscious for 24 hours.
So i am prudent with fasting , now i never tried to fast while getting
cortisol .
So where can i get some informations about fasting being not a problem
still supervised) under streroid therapy.
Lot of addisonian can't take their medication in an empty stomach,
they
get heart burn or nauseas. My self i am taking it early in the morning
while fasting till noon, for 10 years without any problem.
thank you
jean-claude