RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:22:07 -0700
It seems that urine is not being given its rightful place in
alternative healing. In 1983 I happened to meet Arthur Lincoln Pauls,
D.O, the author of a book on urine therapy called Shivambu Kalpa. The
subtitle is The Ancient Healing Way of the Self.....By the Self With
Medicine of the Self. Dr. Pauls had come to Los Angeles to teach a
three day workshop in Ortho-Bionomy, a very gentle method of
structural realignment and emotional release which he had developed.
In the bathrooms at the workshop I noticed a number of styrofoam cups
with each with a person's name on it. It turned out that many of the
participants were drinking their urine. After lunch one of Dr. Pauls'
advance instructors was proudly showing how soft her skin was and
attributed it to the regular application of her urine. On the third
day, I decided to try drinking my own "water of life". The taste is
just about what you would imagine. Dr. Pauls described urine therapy
as homeopathic in nature. He said that by drinking your urine, what is
in your urine will cause your body to heal itself. He mentions
Hering's "Law of Cure" which states that healing must work from the
top down, from the inside out, and in the reverse order of the
symptoms appearing.
I experienced this my self. I drank my urine for the next two and a
half months. In this time various conditions that I thought had been
healed, reappeared never to return. You only drink fresh urine but
older urine can be used in baths and soaked pads can be applied to
skin for healing. I don't drink my urine much any more (it does leave
an odor on your breath) but I still do apply it to cuts.
Urine is filtered from the blood. It is about 96% water with various
dissolved minerals. Nothing in it that will hurt you. Your kidneys are
responsible for maintaining the proper water and mineral balance in
your blood. Urine is basically blood without the red corpuscles. Its
composition changes with your diet and state of health. In Postscript
One of his book he tells the story of an infertile couple in India who
at the advice of the wife's father had started drinking each other's
urine and after two months of this therapy were able to conceive a
child. At the time of the husbands letter they had two boys and the
wife was pregnant again.
Of course as Roberta mentions, you can also use your urine to relieve
thirst when fresh water is not available.