RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 10 May 97 11:25:11 -0000

>I guess that Zephyr's continued eating of high amounts of meat were due
>to the fact that his meat has been far away from instincto quality. I made
>the experience that bad meat addicts you. You eat too much of it and the
>next day you want it again.

"I guess" is probably a good phrase here.  By weight most of the meat
I've eaten has been Hawaiian tuna, which is instincto quality.  The cow
I've eaten in Hawaii gives stops, and are conversation with the slaughter
house has confirmed that the cows are free ranging, unmedicated, and not
fattened up at the end of their lives.  This sounds instincto quality.
In SB, I've mainly eaten beef.  The beef is certified organic, is free
ranging until the end of its life where it is fed uncooked organic
vegetables.  I guess this breaks rule #3 (see below).  Those have been my
staple meats, and I have eaten other things, all of which I do my utmost
to insure highest possible quality.

>Orkos-criteria for instinctive quality meat:
>1. no feeding for the animals except with instinctive quality food
>   (for clarity: instinctive food does   n o t   include wheat)
>2. of course no drugs even if animals get sick
>3. animals may not have the possibility to eat human waste or get to
>fields
>   with cultivated fruits/vegetables/grains etc.
>4. animals live in free nature the whole year
>5. at least three generations of each species must have been living this
>   way. Meat of the second generation for instance is   n o t   sold by
>Orkos.
>6. Hygienical standards of the EU must be met, otherwise the meat couldn't
>   be sold. (And the EU is quite crazy now because of crazy cows and sick
>   porks)
>
>I would like to stress point no. 3. I strongly guess that the mongoose has
>had access to human waste and that it wasn't eating instinctive quality
>food because it caught sick rats and mice. This was the purpose the
>mongoose
>originally was imported to Hawaii. The rats and mice were threatening the
>plantations.

Yes, but again inaccurate.  The mongoose hunt during the day, the rats
are out at night, they don't cross each others paths, or very minimally.
I'm not sure what the mongoose eat all together, but I've seen them going
for coconut a lot, and they probably go through the compost which is put
out daily around trees and bananas.

>So the mongoose is suspect to have eaten human waste and fed itself with
>mice
>and rats that were living mostly of waste or had access to cultivated
>products
>supposedly poisoned by commercial agricultural treatments.

What?  Waste!@#$%^  What is waste?  An "overripe" avo, a half eaten
banana, the skin of a mamay, underripe jackfruit, undesired hard meat
coconut.  Commercial ag treatments?  At Pangaia, on Papaya Farms Rd.
(where Pangaia is), you're out to lunch!  Unless they're munching on the
solar panel batteries, or drinking the gasonline, there's not much
toxicity to find.

>Since the poisons accumulate in the nutrition chain I suppose the
>mongooses
>living on Hawaii belong to the sickest animals that can be found there.

Maybe the ones in Hilo.

>My conclusions are, that Zephyr intoxicated himself by a high intake of
>bad meat and finally his immune system was so weakened it couldn't protect
>him from the parasite. I think up to that point his immune system has
>done a
>great job. I guess that several other animals he ate also were carrying
>parasites.

My conclusion is that you ought to do better research before you reach
conclusions and blab them all over the place stirring up a bunch of grey
matter.

>I agree with Zephyr that herbs could have healed him but it isn't easy to
>find them if you feel so sick. Also there wasn't perhaps enough time to do
>the search and wait for a success. It's always better to rely on
>conventional
>medicine then.
>

>Let me stress, that even instincto quality wheat cheats the instinct of
>animals and leads to overeating. According to instincto theory this is
>from
>the fact that wheat is an artificial breeded grain that has never existed
>in nature before. Hint: read books about feeding of ducks, poultry and
>cattle, written by commercial farmers.
>Organic farmers aren't so much better because they also have to obey the
>rules of the market that say: feed your animals fat as quick as you can
>and slaughter them as early as possible. Every day on pasture costs you a
>certain amount of money.

Ok.

>Also organic farmers have no idea what instinctive
>nutrition is or how to feed an animal naturally.

True, but if this is the case, why am I now going to bed at 10pm - 12am,
getting up at 5am and having energy throughout the day with a nap or two
and I'm eating this "compromized food?"  Why am I consistently wiping my
butt and finding nothing or nearly nothing?  Could it be that this meat
is actually good for me, even if it doesn't meat Guy Claude's standards.
Is it perfect or bad, or is there a scale of greyness between the two
extremes?

>Speaking over the quality of meat I also would like to mention, that meat
>from "wild" animals most often is not instinctive quality because point
>no. 3 isn't met. I tried meat of wild porks of germany. It wasn't wild
>at all. It was a accumulation of the waste these porks ate.
>I know that chances are better for animals living in the wide areas of the
>United States but I still wouldn't trust such meat (and Hawaii is too
>small anyway) Animals are able to overcome very very long distances in
>their lifetime.
Ok.

A bit miffed, defensive, and informed,

Zephyr