RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 18:18:04 -0700
>In the lab, mice can be manipulated in
> >just a few generations into biological variations.

Hi Pat. Can you explain this to me. When I learned about evolution over
fifty years ago we were taught that acquired characteristics are not
inherited, that genes mutate and then if those individuals find these
mutated genes help them survive, those individuals along with their
mutated genes, survive. We were not taught that the environment could
directly influence genes. Has this concept changed or do I misunderstand
some of what I hear about the environment manipulating the species?

I heard that Omega Nutrition, Vancouver, B.C. V5l,IR2 Bellingham, WA
98226 (800-661-3529) has organic oils, some of which are heated over 104
or processed. Don't know if they have peanut, but it's a free call. Also
Spectrum Naturals 133 Copeland Sy. Petaluma, CA 94952 (707-778-8900)
advertizes pure cold-pressed unrefined peanut oil, better bet.

My best, Ellie