RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:44:34 -0500
I don't watch TV, so I don't know if Leno and others got ahold of
this one yet, but to me the following seems like unbelievably good
luck for most comedians out there looking for material:  (maybe
Robert Rosenblatt moonlights doing stand-up there in LA?)

>From the "LA Times", Wednesday, December 8, 1999:

Safeguards to Reduce Fatal Medical Mistakes Announced, By ROBERT A.
ROSENBLATT, Times Staff Writer

WASHINGTON--Hospital leaders on Tuesday announced a nationwide
campaign to reduce the number of fatal mistakes made by medical
personnel--including steps such as putting an "X" on a patient's
body where a surgeon is supposed to cut and using special colored
labels on bottles of lethal drugs.

<snipped, to the following not-so-funny statistics>
The wave of attention to medical error comes one week after an
Institute of Medicine report found that preventable mistakes kill
44,000 to 98,000 people a year and add $17 billion to $29 billion
to  the nation's health bill.

--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)