RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 20:13:09 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-25 11:29:42 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Thomas E.
Billings) writes:

<
Q: I live in a cold climate (Canada). How can I increase the amount of
sprouts
in my diet, without becoming ravenously hungry?

from Bo7b:  My SproutMentor, Ron Weston, has lived all-raw  for more than 40
years, mostly in a primitive cabin in Ontario, Canada<.  I don't understand
the reason for the question.  One can incrrease the amount of sprouts in ones
diet by growing & eating more.  What's the problem?

 Regarding methods, I would suggest jars (or trays) for greens; jars for
rice,  corn, popcorn sprouts; cloth for almonds, buckwheat, mung; for the rest jars
or cloth give equally good  results.

bo7b:  Weston uses a simple collander to raise his sprouts & has for decades.
 The more civilized & easy way I've used since '93 is trays by SproutMaster,
f rom LifeSprouts, (801) 245-3891.  I think they cost about $3 each & I've
been using 'em for many years for "young sprouts" or as TEB calls 'em "short
sprouts", where the tails are about the length of the seed.  Simple, just
dump 1/2-1 cup of seeds in the trays, drown 'em for a few seconds (or
overnight, if you prefer), then just stack the trays & rinse 'em twice a day
'til ya wanna eat 'em.  i eat out of the trays & put 'em back in the stack
when a "stop" happens.  EVERY seed I've ever sprouted gives me a clear stop
eventually, sometimes after eating pounds, sometimes after a tiny taste.
 VERY original food?  My favorites:,  buckwheat, sunflower, peanuts, lentil,
mung, rye, barley, garbonzo, etc.