RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
GEOFF JOHNSTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:02:54 -0500 (EST)
I've been attempting to get a handle on the effect of various foods on my
blood/sugar level.  According to the Glycemic Index, most veggies have a
lower rating than fruits.  However, what if the quantities change?  For
example, I find that one banana is normally quite satisfying but for
veggies, I usually eat a large plate full.  I guess my question is: does a
large plate of raw veggies have a higher glycemic rating that one banana?

Geoff