RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:28:12
>Do you know if any other beans or legumes contain dopamine?

Fava beans (the British call them broad beans) are about the only
ones, & I think that another legume, perhaps a vetch might too.
About 20 years ago I had it all figured out how to get around the
laws so that I could get L-dopa by eating lots of fava beans.  I was
convinced that L-dopa would extend lifespan & that it was just
great.  Subsequent research results (& long-term L-dopa
administration to Parkinson's patients) makes me doubt if it will do
you any good.  But if anybody tries this it might be interesting to
monitor your temperature to see if it can lower it at all.

--Doug Schwartz