RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 08:23:40 -1000
Gary:

> I still can't understand your position on this.
>
> The article excerpts reported no animal products having been seen eaten,
> or in feces.

I believe we were diagreeing on the 100% issue, but it was a long while ago.
More recent research has negated the idea that chimps don't eat animal
foods, some even hunt.

FWIW, there is great variety in chimp diets. One group eats no nuts because
they haven't figured out how to get the shells off; another uses the same
nuts as a staple of their diet because they can shell them. And only several
miles from each other. arjen would likely argue that the nut-eating chimps
are using technology to eat foods which are not biologically appropriate,
eh? ;)

> It's just not that important to me, to chase down those references.
> sue me.  I'm loaded..

LOL

> It seems to me that real world vegan is virtually nonexistent.

How so?

> It's not important to me whether or not there HAVE BEEN any raw vegans,
> That seems to be your focus.

Yes. And are there now?

> My focus has been more on whether it is logically possible, from what we
> know about food, nutrition,physiology,etc.

Sure, its _possible_. But whether it leads to maximum health is also an
issue. It's possible to be a breatharian, for a short time. ;)

> but of course this is all very boring after a while.

Yeah.

Cheers,
Kirt