RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:49:05 +0000
Hi all,

welcome to this list, David Mayne! I scanned all available archives
of this list back to 1995, so I think I've got an idea of what was run-
ning then. Thank you for your contribution to the foundation of this
list.

I recently left the "Bionomic Nutrition Forum", a mailinglist, main-
tained by John Coleman, a fanatical vegan. Having subscribed in October
1997 I just had enough of his mindless fanatical attacks which he gave
to each listmember, that wrote about nuts, proteins, fats and animal
foods in human nutrition.
In fact the socalled moderator in this case was much worse than all of
the listmembers (with the exception of Laurie Fortie perhaps). :-(

Compared with this poor forum it becomes the clearer to me, how peace-
ful and living the debate on raw-food is and how much excellent writers
we have here.

For me personally raw-food has never been the only community and source
of information about raw nutrition. I quickly found a group of instinc-
tive eaters in my town and joined them. There's also a vegetarian group
here which has the usual problems but most of the members are friendly.
I simply overlook the rare zealots. The existence of the NH movement
was known to me because I read something about them. But without elec-
tronic communication everything that is more than 100 miles away is
simply out of reach so I didn't care.

Best raw instinctive regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]