RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 06:27:01 -0600
Ellie:

>Hi All,
>Can any Instinctos share what kinds of stops you get from Mexican papaya,
>Asian pears, watermelon, any melon, and mangos. I am trying to determine
>if the ones I get in local markets in NYC are empty fruits and am
>interested in your stop experiences with them.

Papaya: Usually goes tasteless, but sometimes "funky"
Asian pears: texture becomes bad, tasteless
Watermelon: goes tasteless, sometimes "vitaminy" near the rhind
Melon: kinda hard to lump all melons together, but often goes tasteless or
a rising "vitaminy" flavor.

It seems that in the early days/months of instincto I got more "biting"
changes, but as time when on the changes were more of a loss of flavor
character, even for fruits like pineapple (granted, we're talking local
Thai pineapple, not the unripe ones in the USA). I still get biting stops,
but they are the minority...

>Also do you know the exact
>kinds of sugars that are in air dried dates. There's some controversy I
>hear about whether fructose can change to sucrose in drying. Any factual
>evidence about this? And do you know a source of natural bilberry. I'm
>looking to heal my macular degeneration and I can only get the processed
>pill form. Also what natural foods contain glutathione I hear so much
>about on the radio. I don't know what glutathione is. It's supposed to be
>good for the eyes. Thanks,

Nothing to share about the rest, sorry...

Cheers,    (and welcome to all the new "faces" from Europe!!)
Kirt