RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 19:17:48 -0700
Jean-Louis Tu wrote:

> Interesting. Some aversions that have a psychological origin may
> interfere with the instinct. Someone I know became a (cooked)
> vegetarian because when she was 12 years old, her mother served some
> rabbit at lunch... and it was her pet (I don't remember the obscure
> reasons). But curiously, she still can eat chicken (it is the only
> meat she eats).

I can't prove the following story about oils specifically, but it fits
physiologicallly with the Toxic Mind theory I am publishing, i.e. that
when neurons in the limbic system related to the expression of emotions
are clogged with endogenous toxins as a result of the suppression of
emotions, the sense of taste and smell would be affected. Anyway when I
was a child I was forced to eat castor oil before every car trip, would
gag and get sick. I could never eat any oils after that, not even in
salad dressings. It was only recently when I released all my anger at my
mother for that (not in person, but in therapy) that I have been able to
taste and enjoy oils again. Releasing anger and other emotions is a detox
of those endogenous toxins, of this I do have proof.

My best, Ellie