RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:27:33 -0400
Lucia,
> I'm trying to explain to my husband why eating fried foods is bad for him,
> but I'm not having much luck. Intuitively I know that it's not good. Can
> anyone here explain the reasons clearly, other than the argument about
> enzymes in live food.

I wouldn't use the enzyme argument - that one doesn't convince many
people (probably for some good reasons)..

> For example, he has been making smoothies in the
> morning, which is great, but he's afraid that eating a raw egg everyday
> will give him mucous. I told him no way, but that eating french fries
> every day WILL give him mucous. and he asks why? how? and I was stumped to
> explain it clearly.

Not sure why the mucous thing seems to be the bugaboo in the
alternative diet communities. Maybe because mucous is something
people know about, and can see in their noses, and the theory about
clogged-up plumbing is something easy to envision.

Anyway, it's a little bit more than just a mucous question.

Maybe just tell him what he already knows - that greasy
vegetable-oil-soaked foods are not good for him. If he's interested,
you might discuss the differences between vegetable oils and animal
oils, rancid/fresh, oxidized/fresh, healthier balances of fatty
acids, the factors affecting plaque deposits in his arteries.

--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)