RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 23:18:45 -0800
>Some questions:
>
>Toxoplasmosis is reportedly "caused" by raw meat, no? So was your wife
>eating raw meat during her pregnancy?

No toxolasmosis is not "caused" by raw meat , it is a protozoa who
circulate between species at different stage of its life cycle  and the
final carrier is the cat family. so you can get toxoplasmosis from handling
cat litter, eating from a garden where cats poo, traveling in countries
where it is prevalent, egg-infected meats
or like in the biggest  pregnant woman epidemic next-door in victoria thru
water
supply etc...

40 percent of canadian have allready encountered toxoplasmosis which is
asymptomatic in most of the peoples , 90 percent of french have been
allready infected . The problems with toxoplasmosis is for aids patient and
for foetus developement when contracted during pregnancy.

[Ingrid writing] Since you are asking for personal information about me,
Kirt, I thought I'd answer. I am not an active member of this list, and
would appreciate if any one has personal questions about my lifestyle or
experiences, that they respectfully direct them to me personally (same email
address). In his enthusiasm to explore these issues, JC sometimes forgets
about my preference for privacy and for speaking for myself.

Anyways, I was well exposed to every single risk factor both before and
during pregnancy. We don't know exactly how i contacted toxo nor exactly
when i had it during the pregnancy. I know i had a fever and swollen lymph
glands early on which was likely when i had the acute toxo but cannot
remember exactly when since i didn't give it much thought at the time.

The 2 wholistic dentists i consulted feel that the fever during this time is
likely what caused the enamel not to form on those 6 (not 8) front teeth.
One also wondered if his long time night nursing exacerbated things, but
also felt
this is questionable (and not a reason i would wean for)..

I ate 100% raw vegan for over one year before pregnancy (after 16 years as a
vegetarian) and started to try raw meats on very rare ocassions during
pregnancy (3-6 times?)

<Was she eating other raw foods?

Yes fruits ,vegetables, nuts, duck egg yolks sometimes (a new addition)

Cooke=
>foods? What did she eat that was not a "traditional diet"?

I was primarly raw vegan--hardly traditional, with a heavy emphasis on
fruit. Almost no animal food. Later in the pregnancy, i ate some cooked
foods very ocassionally
(every 3 weeks?)

>Why would you rely on a "diagnosis" of taxoplamosis having explanitory
>power, if western medicine is so ignorant=8Band if "disease" is so healing
an=
>natural?

JC: Diseases are defined by the symptoms and are either showing the efforts
of
the body to reestablish a balance , conditions being what they are ,either
demonstrating the degeneration of organs and functions.

>Don't molars have enamel?

I: Yes but the teeth don't develop at the same time. His molars and other
teeth are unaffected. The teeth right beside the brown affected teeth are
white and normal. The affected teeth showed staining within days of
errupting.

>Is this the same son you repeatedly claim eat all raw since birth?

JC: stating that my son is eating raw food is not a claim it is a fact!
I don't even understand what it is to CLAIM about eating raw food.
I am certainly one person that don't  claim that raw food can reverse any
conditions for having been diagnosed with autoimmune dstruction  of my
adrenal cortex  years before and eating raw foods didn't bring back the use
of my adrenals.
I am so much under the impression that your rage is adressed to something
else than who i am.

>> Nothing to compare.
>
>If raw foods are so great, why are your son's teeth rotten?

JC: Raw food is great in my experience , raw food is not correcting the past
just correcting the present and future. What is experienced is experienced.
living organisms being self repairing  by definition can in some measure
reproduce themselves on better ground thru cell division.

I: Kirt, just to be clear, our son's teeth are not "rotten". They are alive.
They are strong and useful and chomp daily on hard nuts and raw fruits and
veggies and raw meat without difficulty. There is no pain at all, nor has
there ever been. His gums are very healthy and his bite and spacing are
perfect. The teeth are lasting much longer than expected, though i have no
idea whether they will hold out for 2 more years. They are stained (the 6
front) and they are wearing away obviously at the edges. But they are not
rotting or rotten.

If you blame it
>on your wife's diet during pregnancy (and the consumption of raw meat),
>wouldn't it be useful to know the details of her diet so others may avoid
>such a tragedy?

JC: I was proposing one of the many factors that could have had a great
impact
on the tooth formations, my wife 's diet is also a contributing factor but i
could point out many others.
The details of her diet is her's and i don't even know them myself.

I: Uh, "tragedy"?? What tragedy?? Our son's teeth are fully functioning, and
he
has no pain. The permanent teeth are very unlikely to be affected. Yes, they
look a little different than many other children's teeth but that is hardly
a "tragedy" at least not to him, to us, or to anyone that knows him. Whether
and how diet is involved is, IMO, only conjecture. Guess away.

Both JC and I have written extensively about our son's teeth on various
lists. I have shared lots of info with parents whose children have similar
problems. IMO, the real "tragedy" is when people are so freaked by (or
embarrassed or misinformed about) discoloured or decaying baby teeth that
they submit their young children to the risks and trauma of hospitalization,
general anaesthetics and dental surgery when it is not neccessary.

>Why have you never mentioned your son's rotten teeth in your numerous posts
>about him?T

JC: I am writting in many different email list and i can't recall what i
said
where ,but i knows i already talked about it , because it is my concern
.From what i got there is nothing that can be done to reverse the situation
concerning that set of teeth, i am hoping on the new set .

I experience your post as not the expression of genuine interest but rather
as judgements disguised into questions
i answer because i believe any informations exchanged on that
list can be helpfull to someone but will not answer any more this kind of
inquiry unless other peoples express to me that it can be helpfull to them .
raw food is no more a panaccea than something to condemn .In fact both
expressions are 2 faces of the same attitude. Giving power to something
outside
yourself.

I: That's all i have to say for now. I am familiar with the tone of your
postings Kirt, on this and other lists, and have no further interest in
engaging with you in this way. If anyone has any particular questions or
comments, feel
free to write me privately ([log in to unmask]).
My time is full as i prepare for our new baby, but i will answer as i can.

ingrid and jean-claude