RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:15:36 -0400
Lucia:

>> ----------------------
>> selenium 40 mcg/per meal
>> magnesium 400 mg 2 x a day
>> zinc 30-50 mg daily
>> vitamin C 3000-5000 mg daily in dividd doses throughout the day
>>
>> mercury detox:
>> -------------
>>
>> chlorella 15 capsules per day (first 8 days)
>> 30-40 capsules a day (days 9 & 10)
>> 15 capsules a day (days 11-30)
>> 0 capsules for 10 days
>> start over...
>>
>> MSM 1 tsp per meal
>> dl-methionine 200 mg 3 x day
>> garlic 10 drops 3 x day (Bears Garlic by Bioforce. sublingual)
>> porphyra-zyme 200 mg 3 x day

Paul:

I think I noted this awhile back but what I learned is so fascinating I
think it is worth noting again.

A useful approach for people needing to take supplements for relief of
serious problems is, if they cannot get blood levels measured, is to use
a 'smell' test. For the best results, you could purchase one bottle of
all of the 30 or so common nutrients (individual nutrients, including
individual B's, not B-complex), and smell the contents of the bottle. If
it smells good or has no smell, you need the nutrient and can take it.
If it smells bad, you don't need it and should definitely avoid it. In
other words, it appears that the nutrient when in excess will cause the
equivalent of an instinctive stop!

When I was very Hg toxic after filling removal a few years ago, I had a
dramatic benefit from Mg, at up to 1800 mg per day, because my body
needed it (the bottle of capsules smelled wonderful until the deficiency
was corrected).

OTOH, I've never needed zinc (we are all biochemically unique), and B
Vitamins, even when I needed them, never did any good (probaly because
of underlying enzyme deficiencies or intestinal toxins, preventing the
nutrients from working). Amino-acids were also useless for me.

Now I just pay more attention to food rather than going through all
this, although I am taking a few things in small doses <g>...

Reference: Feed Your Body Right, Lendon Smith MD.

(PS For anyone interested I've got a new health-disease page and mercury
free page - start from http://people.ne.mediaone.net/preynolds/main_1.htm)