RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 14:53:43 -0700
Hi Ananda, Roberta, and Everybody!!!

> hi there,    use sea salt, it is the best and is very inexpensive if you
> buy it in bulk.  probably the healthiest and i've read the best salt is
> celtic sea salt because of its mineral content and supposedly a true
> nacl.  gotta run, ananda

Yes Sea Salt is the best but only when done, made, or actually the word
is, Harvested the Old-Fashioned Way like Celtic Sea Salt is.  It's not
"True" or "Pure" NaCl since that's an Industrial Waste Product that they
sell to the Public, since they're the only ones Dumb Enough to Consume
it, after they've extracted every other Mineral that could possibly be
Beneficial to Anyone to make them as much Money as possible.

Celtic Sea Salt has basically Every Single Mineral known to Man in it
since they all exist in the Ocean and they act as a Buffer to the "Pure"
NaCl that seems to be so harmful to People.  It seems like "Pure" NaCl
is like a Bullet to the System and a Shock and the Body doesn't seem
handle Very Well or at least it wasn't meant to since "Pure" NaCl
doesn't exist in Nature as far as I know in any large amounts if at all,
and definitely not with any Anti-Caking Agents in it - Yuck!!! - :{!!!

So the "Natural" Sea Salt Harvested the Old-Fashioned Way like Celtic
Sea Salt is a Different Puppy and therefore can't quite be Compared.  In
fact, Celtic Sea Salt is Very Good for the Body and Whole System and
Very Healing from everything I've seen, read about, and Experienced
myself Personally with both with my own Body and that of others who I
personally know and have dealt with.

Anyway, it's the best stuff you can get anywhere I've ever seen or found
and I do carry it if you're interested, and if you give me a Private
E-Mail I can tell you more about it, give you any details, and answer
any questions that you might have.

There are 2 Basic Kinds Celtic Sea Salt: Light Grey and Flower of the
Ocean; the first one is Very Inexpensive and what I use the most, and
the second is Really Awesome too but more Special and Rare and I really
like it too but use it more sparingly and on different things than the
first, not to mention that it's over 5x the price.
-----
Non Member Prices
Light Grey                   1/2 pound        $  5.50
Light Grey                   1   pound          10.00
Light Grey                   5   pounds         45.00
Flower of Ocean              1/2 pound          28.50
Flower of Ocean              1   pound          56.00
-----
Member Prices are 1/2 and it's worth joining if you're going to get a
lot of Salt during the Year and don't have someone like me to get your
Salt from; but the Membership far outweigh the cost if you're not going
to get much Salt:
-----
Charter Membership Only      30.00
Junior Package               24.00
-----
They also have some Packages for people who just want to get some Salt
without becoming Members.  Anyway, when you Contact me I'll give you all
the Details.

The Company has a Web Site and they're called "The Grain & Salt Society"
- http://www.celtic-seasalt.com - and I know one of the brothers that
own it and so can tell you a lot about them and their different Products.

You all should know me by now, I could go on and on an on about how
Great this Salt is but they do have a Great Web Site that goes into a
lot of the Details and Questions you might have so I would go there and
check it out as well.  But if you do want to get any Salt and are Local
I'll give you some for Free to just Taste and Check Out.  And I just
thought of it but if someone sent me a SASE - Self-Addressed Stamped
Envelope - I'd send them some too - That's for all you Non-Local People
who want to try some - It's Great By The Way!!! - :)!!!

Here's a little about the Company and its Products:

The Grain & Salt Society's Philosophy -
http://www.celtic-seasalt.com/philos/philos.html
-----
                         Our Company Philosophy

             Our Primary Function is to Inform and Educate

What does the Society do?

Our web site, flyers, books and tapes are provided to inform you of the
value and imperative necessity of genuine, unrefined Celtic Sea Salt,
the importance of good, clean water, whole foods, and natural
health-care products.

Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt, Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt, Flower of the
Ocean Celtic Sea Salt, and Marine Matrix beverages and Nasal Wash. All
of these natural products are obtained from traditional organic salt
farmers under the very highest quality controls. The method used for
gathering them follows a time honored 2,000 year-old Celtic culture
tradition, supported and authenticated by modern quality controls.

The most reputable organic-certification group in Europe, "Nature et
Progr`es," has given its highest certificate of quality and merit to all
our Celtic Ocean products: Light Grey and Flower of the Ocean, Fine
Ground Celtic Sea Salt, and Marine Matrix Beverages and Nasal Wash.

A well-deserved and valuable recognition

The Red Label is another merit that has been awarded the Celtic Sea
Salts. In 1991, the French Ministry of Forests and Agriculture gave its
most honorable "Superior Quality Food" mention to our Celtic ocean
products.

At that time, the French government also set aside and classified, as a
National Treasure and Protected Site, the thousands of acres of pristine
wild marshes that have produced Celtic Sea Salt for more than nine
centuries.

The three national awards mentioned above guarantee that we import only
the highest quality food and table salts. We seek the same unique
standards of quality and character in any and all products we provide.

            Contact us by e-mail: [log in to unmask]
                    or call toll free: 800 TOP-SALT
-----
Here's a little about the 2 Basic Kinds Celtic Sea Salt: Light Grey and
Flower of the Ocean, and where they come from.
-----
The salt farmers (paludier) work through the spring, summer, and early
fall harvesting Celtic Sea Salt. The long wooden rake is used to skim
the crystals from the brine. After the salt crystals are gathered, they
are piled in mounds, where the excess brine flows back into the pond,
exposing the brilliant salt crystals.

The delicate crystals of Flower of the Ocean are gathered from the
surface of the pond and placed into a small basket. The annual yield of
Flower of the Ocean is little more than 2% that of the Light Grey Celtic
Sea Salt.

The area that contains the salt marshes of Brittany is more than four
thousand acres protected by the French Government as a National
Treasure. Art and historical documentation from Brittany date this
method of gathering salt to about 2,000 years.
-----
It you want to go straight to all the Info and Data about the Salt just
go to: Real Celtic Sea Salt - http://www.celtic-seasalt.com/salt/salt.html
and you'll learn all about how it's Harvested etc..

I Can't Stress This Enough!!!: If you really want to learn the Ins and
Outs, Hard Data, Facts, and Scientifc Research about Salt, not only
Cetlic Sea Salt but all Salt that's Commerically Available, you have to
go to the the URL I just gave you above and Check It Out!!! - It's a
Really Really Informative Site and will probably Teach you more than you
ever thought you knew about the Different Types of Salt and their
Processing etc. - Thanks!!! - :)!!!

Before I go though, let me quote you the Real Celtic Sea Salt Page which
will give you the Outline and Contents of the Document for you and then
I'll give you a little bit of what you'll see and get when you go there:
-----
                            Celtic Sea Salt

At The Grain & Salt Society, we believe that the elimination of
carcinogens, pollutants, and a proper balance in our diets is necessary,
not only for the prevention of cancer, but to sustain the quality of our
lives as well. We hope that by giving you a description of the measures
that are taken to insure the quality of this product, you will
understand our level of commitment to you.

                       Contents of this Document

The Value of Real Celtic Sea Salt

   • Brittany, France: Where Our Sea Salt Is Harvested
   • How Celtic Sea Salt is Harvested

Celtic Sea Salt and Your Health
Basic Roles of Celtic Sea Salt

   • The Human Internal Oceans
   • Precious Minerals Working Together: COACTION
   • But...Isn't Salt Bad for You?
   • High Blood Pressure and Refined Salt
   • Sodium Restricted Diets Kill
   • Effects of Magnesium Scarcity

Evaluating Various Natural Salts

   • Benefits of the Celtic Sea Salts
   • Mexican Salt
   • French Imported Salt

What You Can Do to Get Celtic Sea Salt into Your Life

   • Georges Ohsawa's Advice
   • Become Salt Wise

          Where Celtic Sea Salt Is Harvested: Brittany, France

Brittany is the region in France where the salt fields are located.
Bordering on the Celtic Sea, its countryside teems with wildlife and
vibrant beauty. Though it is true that pollution has devastated areas in
Europe over the decades, much as it has in North America, this
particular part of the country has been protected, because of its
geographical location, by the arduous work of the paludiers (the salt
farmers) and by the French government. The government of France
considers this Celtic Sea Salt producing region a national treasure and
imposes the strictest regulations to protect it.

Brittany is situated at the Northwest point of France that lies in the
Celtic Sea where the North Atlantic current flows. This current, which
is part of the Gulf Stream, is known for its pure clean ocean water. The
water used to feed the marshes is carried inland by fifteen foot tidal
waters twice daily. The circulatory nature of this powerful Gulf Stream
current in combination with the forceful action of the tides keeps the
ocean water they carry naturally low in pollutants that normally
accumulate along edges of continental land masses. This pristine ocean
water is then directed toward the fields via a series of canals.
---
                    Celtic Sea Salt and Your Health

Why is it hard to obtain?
How do we recognize the real thing?

Humans need whole, clean ocean salt; medical and biological facts
support that. The ocean contains all of the precious minerals our body
requires for optimum function. The salt refiners, however, profit from
selling the minerals extracted from the rich ocean brine. These same
minerals, left intact, make salt a vital necessity and its color light
grey. The human embryo spends the first nine months of its life floating
in a miniature ocean. In this salty environment of amniotic fluid it
grows over three billion times in weight. At no time in our entire
existence, from the moment of conception onward, are we ever without the
need of salt! This is the salt of life!

Basic Roles of Sea Salt

Natural light grey Sea Salt is the most basic condiment as well as a
staple food: it possesses the power to rejuvenate the body's
bio-systems, and is, therefore, a powerful remedy for countless health
problems. No pill supplement can equal the wealth of minerals that
natural unrefined Sea Salt supplies, regardless of how rich or precisely
that supplementation is formulated.

Clean, unrefined, hand-harvested, natural Sea Salt has reversed many
"chronic illnesses" and restored wholeness. Because of its complex
beneficial minerals and bioelectric power it offers countless health
benefits by maintaining a physiological electrolyte balance: it balances
alkalinity/acidity levels, restores good digestion, and relieves
allergic symptoms and skin diseases.  Natural unrefined grey Sea Salt
provides renewed energy and at the same time gives higher resistance to
infections and bacterial diseases. If a natural diet is undertaken, in
order to heal, it must include natural unrefined Celtic Sea Salt. An
acidic body condition contributes to many sicknesses: since natural
Celtic Sea Salt strongly alkalinizes, it can be a powerful remedy.
Proper electrolyte balance in the body is achieved by maintaining a
relatively high potassium content inside the cell and a high sodium
concentration in the fluid outside the cell. In centuries past, salt,
the universal necessity, was also appreciated as an effective medicine.
It was used either alone, as an energizer and detoxifying agent, or in
conjunction with healing plants. (Mythologia Aesopi, 1501)
---
Domestic salt refiners cannot economically develop a production method
that will yield clean whole food salt. The market for edible salt is too
small when compared with huge industrial consumption. The trace
elements, such as magnesium, bromine, and sulfur, are all extracted from
Sea Salt by those refiners since they are a great source of profit for
international big business.

Watch out for these additives: Ferrocyanide, yellow prussiate of soda,
tri-calcium phosphate, aluminocalcium silicate and sodium
aluminosilicate are all anti-caking agents. These agents prevent salt
from mixing with water, acting naturally in the human body and from
performing its important functions.
---
Well That's Enough For Now Everybody!!! - I Hope You Enjoyed The Post
And Found It Very Informative and I Look Forward to Any Good Comments or
Additional Info or Data that any of you may have or come across on Salt
etc. - Thanks!!! - :)!!!

 - Take Care!!!
 - Gregg!!!