RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rex Harrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 06:37:53 -0400
Peter Brandt pinch-hit for Kirt and wrote a message possibly as totally
baffling to other newcomers as to me:

Peter quoted Christopher's quote of Kirt:
>Kirt wrote, about fringe diet gurus and said: "Cutting them slack is
>embarrassing."

Peter later quoted Chistopher again:
> Kirt, you misunderstood me about the "gurus."  I don't mean to "cut
them >slack" -- I CELEBRATE them, exalt them, enshrine them on the
highest >pedestals. Iconoclastic visionaries have led me to turning
points in my life.

Peter then said:
" It is very understandable you feel this way as you obviously have
benefitted greatly from their [the gurus] teachings.  But I fear you are
a part of a minority and that most of us  in many ways would have been
better off had they chosen different paths."

What "different paths"?  Does this suggest eating oneself silly on
damaged food and hanging out with the AMA/ADA?  Well, count me in the
maligned "minority."  The gurus, who I also celebrate, developed their
following because they formulated and communicated ideas that made sense
to people.  What else could account for the reprint after reprint after
reprint of their messages?

Is it possible Peter's strange message is rooted in ancient history
going back to the much-whispered NFL wars?

Regards,
Rex Harrill