RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 11:32:13 +0000
Deborah, Zephyr,

I understand that your financial burden is high for the moment and so I would
like to propose the following instead of a stay at Montrame. I call myself a
fool that I didn't think earlier of this possibility. Anyway here it is:

Orkos Diffusion does tests with food sent to them if you request for this.
Maybe it sounds a bit as if the main vendor of instinctive food makes test
for instincto quality and there is some dependency. But so far I haven't
heard of any case where they cheated. People sent in samples with wrong de-
clarations to find out and they were always right in their judgement.

You need to buy at least one pound (459g) of each of your RAF. Especially the
seafood should be as fresh as possible because it ages very quickly. You might
include your Hawaiian tuna, cow from Hawaii and that organic beef which are
your staple foods. You also could include a sample of eggs if you have some
that you consider to be true instincto quality.

You should label all these items with numbers and pack them into an insulaing
box together with some cheap cooling accus. Of course the cooling devices
must not be frozen. Some degrees above 32F are the best.
Enclose a letter that explains which numbers are which food and
request for a test. Also explain carefully which gurantees the suppliers of
your food gave and who they are. Orkos won't test food that comes from un-
known or changing suppliers (would be a worthless effort.)
The letter may be addressed to Peter Dreverhoff and can be in english (or
french or german). If you think it would make things easier you can request
them to send the results to me (Stefan Joest) and I would then email them to
you. The results should be given in german then.

Now ship the box to Montrame (Orkos Diffusion, BP 89, 77483 Provins Cedex,
France) with 24 hour delivery. Make sure that there are no holidays neither
in your country nor in france that could increase the transportation time.
(Ask the transportation service which days would be safe.)
This will cost a lot but it will be much less than a stay at Montrame and I
think the results will be worth such an attempt.

Let me know if you would like to have the results routed by me.

Best raw wishes,

Stefan