RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:46:26 -0700
>> lot of people seems to  improve their health when they get more of those
>>essential fatty acids of animal origin.
>>It have been the case for me when i augmented my intake of  raw animal fats
>>and lowered my vegetal fats ( avocados and nuts) .
>>jean-claude
>
>Can you tell me how it improved your health?

I had problems with hypoglycemia before because eating too much fruits
and
avocados . Once i started to eat around noon. i had to eat all the
time to
keep going. The morning while fasting was when i had most of my
energy.
for this i have to take in consideration that i am artificially
supplemented with cortisone and it have a huge impact on glucose
levels  )
Anyway ,once i started to have access to more animal fats ( bone
marrow ,
grass fed fats ,  salmon, shrimps, crabs etc...), I could sustain my
energy
a long time between the meals i had a decreased attraction to sugar (
not so
needed anymore to keep the glucose level even ) and resolve my
cravings for
vegetables fats.
I can distingusish between the craving and the need because the desire
for
vegetal fats was a hole without bottom ,i could not satify it and was
eating
avocados way beyond the stop ( something that was not too possible
with nuts
because of their high protein content ,i had a stronger stop)
With fatty meats , i am going a long way with an even level of
glucose.
My short term memory and concentration capacity started to improve, I
sleep
without having to wake up to pee like it was a ritual for years with
high
fruits diet.
My sexual desires awaken again ( before there was none) Again here i
have to
be carefull in my conclusion because the change in diet occur at the
same
time when i started to take DHEA hormone ( because i am not producing
it ,
my level was as low than a man over 70 years old and i was 40, )

Do you not have sufficient
>high quality plant matter in the great white north?

where i live it is very temperate and we don't have snow so we have
access
to greens year round ( i have a garden) and we have access to the
organic
californian produces.On top of that i have access to some tropical
fruits
coming directly from Hawai.

Also, I don't believe
>that humans are nut eaters, and this can cause problems due to acidity and
>indigestibility.  Depends on the quantity of nuts perhaps.

My nuts have been the best quality possible harvested by myself dried
at low
temperature, stored in the shell in the cold ( for filberts .walnuts
and
other northern nuts) and the other nuts were bought in shell from
reliable
sources.
The problem with nuts i think come from the  impossibility to deal
with a
big amount of not balanced proteins to  just get the fat of it. With
meats i
don't have indigestibility problems. I have now need for both nuts and
meats
one don't replace the other.

jean-claude