RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 23:04:54 -0600
Peter:
>Probably not until more Paleo-oriented people join our group. :-) Could you
>please post the name and phone number of the rancher on the Big Island who
>supplies this meat? I am thinking of putting in a small order to see how it
>tastes.

Kirt:
>It comes from several ranchers through a coop called Call Kona Specialty
>Meats at 808-323-2849 (ask for Bill). He should be able to either send some
>to you or refer you to Hawaii Natural Beef itself to arange for same (they
>process the HNB which goes to a local supermarket chain called KTA).

Thanks, Kirt.  I will keep this for future reference. I recently spoke with
my connection for fresh buffalo meats over the phone.  He is a very nice
man who not only sells it but who also eats it raw himself, and when I go
to see him, he will sharpen whatever knives I bring him to boot. :-)
However, I am beginning to have doubts about how much red meat I should be
eating in the first place since I am blood type A.  So far I have found
without exception that those who thrive on high amounts of (raw) red meat
all are type O.

>I have just been laying chunks in the fridge on the rack w/o any hanging or
>anything special. It dries out on the surface just fine..
>Make sure you cut "across the grain", and the thinner the easier to eat.
>Sometimes it tastes best before it is completely dry. Fat helps the taste
>considerbly as well. Or you could dip it in some brain smoothie just to get
>instinctos upset with you...;)

Thanks for the advice.  I hope your "Raw Guide to Aged, Animal Foods" will
reach the publisher before too long. ;-)

Best, Peter