RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 21:25:09 +0200
Hi,

yesterday we had another beautiful hike in the mountains
near the Austrian border. The sunlight was great, like
in the morning or evening of ordinary, sunny days. And
many leaves already had turned reddish or yellow, so the
natural coloring of the woods was very romantic.

We were 11 people, including 3 little children. Most
are either eating raw or beginning to do so. The raw
eating children are very sweet. One of them, Alexander,
was carried in a special rucksack by his father, who is
about 60 years old, the whole way, around two lakes, up
the mountains and back again. We started at 10:00 and
were back at 18:00. During all this time Alexander was
happy, smiled at everyone, brabled and cooed when other
people passed by and sometimes slept in his seat.

I tried a lot of wild vegetables during the hike and found
many which tasted good. Mostly I don't smell very much when
I sniff at wild plants, only the bad ones smell distracting.
So I taste all good or neutral smelling plants and spit them
out if they don't taste good. This works for me.
I also ate grasshoppers and during the way back I had the
luck to find a slope that was full of them. So for the first
time I found enough to eat until the taste change occurred.
I can't call it a stop because the taste just changes so much
that the effort of catching another one is no longer worth it.
And I found wild rosehips, they where delicious, too.

Enjoy

-Karl