RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:08:13 -1000
Stefan:
>Some questions... Did Melisa receive an injection to decrease the pain at the end of
>the birth?

No. That woulda screwed up the whole process. She had some lidocaine for
the stitches afterwards. Probably superfluous since she was quite numb down
there anyway--didn't feel the needle at all.

>Did the child receive any medical treatment yet?

We have seen no MD, she has been given no medications, if that's what you
mean. We refused the "eye wash" upon birth, but she was given an oral
Vitamin K after a few hours. Both are required by law in the USA but you
can sign a legal form saying they were declined which we did for the eye
wash. We will refuse vaccinations. Hopefully that won't cause too much
hassle in later life (paperwork). We might give a dead polio vaccine in
three or four years, maybe.

Oh, yeah, Jaloa's foot was pricked at a week old to get three spots of
blood to check for 7 different very rare genetic diorders (like PKU). That
is non-intrusive enough for us (and thankfully she didn't mind it much). We
are not resistant to any medical information about the tyke if it can be
gleened without intrusion, or with acceptable intrusion. Indeed, all the
rare genetic disorders are ammenable to dietary correction, or so says the
naturopath--I never heard of them (except for PKU) before...

>I read that M.D.s treat newborn children immediately with some chemical solution
>that is dripped into their eyes, allegedly to prevent infections. At least in my country.

Yes, this is the "eye wash" I mentioned that we refused. I didn't know this
practice was in Europe as well :(

Kirt:
>>Jaloa's placenta is in the freezer and destined for a durian tree, or
>>maybe

>May I suggest offering it to the paleofood list, perhaps directly
>to Ray Audette? :-)

You are at your best with jokes here, Stefan!

Kirt:
>>My intent here isn't to boast. (Indeed, both Melisa and I kinda "like" that

>Nobody believes it. :-)

Well, nobody believes your lifespan talk either ;)

Cheers,
Kirt