RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 20:24:57 -0700
Ward writes:
>Following from this is the idea that to remain pure and undefiled and also
>to serve as proof ("signs" or "by their fruits ye shall know them"), one
>should go even further and be able to live on the rarified atmosphere
>("man does not live by bread alone") of an even more restricted
>diet--permanently<

Jeez, Ward have you heard of something _more_ resricted than breatharian!?!
Please do tell, I may just have to try it ;) ((ah I just re-read it and get
the punch: _permanently_))

Seriously, I thought your post was beautiful and support the sentiment
enormously. There was a time when I thought intincto was IT, and I still
respect  it to a great degree, but join you in telling any prospective raw
fooders to watch out. Humans like to _believe_ more than they like to [fill
in your own verb]. Detox is at best a direction, but as a goal it is as
silly as the religious weirdness you refer to. A personal case in point is
my meandering about salad and how it is against instincto theory and how I
would probabbly be better off not mixing. But, you know, with some
perspective, I've come to understand that it just ain't that big a deal.
There are some advantages (I can have a salad tomorrow, whereas I have no
idea whether a meal of celery and romaine eaten in sequence will taste
good/satisfy; obvious social opportunities; etc.) and maybe some
disadvantages, but really, if eating salads is going to ruin me then it's
time I was ruined. Beats the hell out of beating myself up about it.

Let's get real: Whales and dolphins are now showing up with tumors, and
they are eating more native than any human (including the "purest"
instincto).

I remember a fitness nut (a prof at a two-year university in Marshfield WI)
who was running around a track like three or four hours a day. I overheard
a conversation as a teenager between him and another prof. The fitness guy
was saying how he would surely live to be ninety, and the retort was, "who
cares if you live to be ninety years old if you spent thirty of them
running around in circles". I wonder sometimes what circles I'm running
around in instead of living life.

If we put the energy we waste on obtaining Pure Health into extending
ourselves to those around us in a joyful way, the world might have a few
less fanatics and a few more chuckles. Which would be A-OK with me.

Cheers,
Kirt