RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 19:10:55 -0700
Tom:
> >Honey is so sweet, and sugar so seductive, that it is fairly easy to
> >overeat on it, in my opinion and experience.

 Stefan:
 >From my experience this is not true. Instincto quality honey stops me
> quickly if my body doesn't need it.
> Jarred honey: one or two teaspoons and the stop comes (burning in the
> throat, taste unpleasant)
> Honey in the comb: brutal, unbreakable stop starting with burning sen-
> sation in the throat. If ignored, severe coughing occurs, tears in my
> eyes, impossibility to swallow even the rest that is in my mouth (must
> spit it out).

> Until old sugars are detoxed, you may have a fairly high need for
> honey. But sometimes I would think it goes down and then only comes
> again when your body really needs honey. At least this is my experience.

I agree with your findings, Stefan. I think the seductiveness that Tom
speaks of is the addiction to stimulatory refined and mutant sugars that
many of us ate for years. Natural sugar is not addicting and is
necessary. Aajonus has been getting good results with diabetics who eat
raw fatty animal food and honey. He claims also that the good sugars are
detoxing old stored up mutant glycogen and that the fat helps to
eliminate it. I find that I am still attracted to honey, I believe for
this reason.

My best, Ellie