RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 03 Nov 1996 07:02:19 -0800
Juia:
> How does sleep theory fit in to the raw-food life?

hola julia!
	   i haven't used an alarm in years.  sometimes my body wakes up
after four hours, sometimes twelve.  usually close to seven, but
variations do abound.  i don't buy the hare krishna party line that
spells out six hours as the absolute maximum.  or those that claim eleven
hours as minimum.  truth somewhere in between?  as a younger human, i
once mused that sleep had humanity in an addictive stranglehold.  like
heroin, withdrawal symptoms appear quickly.  yet, like heroin, i
hypothesized a new, joyful state of vibrant health on the other side of
the withdrawal crisis.  break the cycle, cold turkey, and you'd awake
from the pernicious habit of sleep.  interesting to see my young self
thinking about something that *everybody* engages in, and posing the
question of whether it had a harmful impact, worldwide & individually.
don't lose any sleep over it.  only one-third of your life, after all...

> I am interested in vitality. The raw-food ideas really make
> vitality-sense. And I need some.

> Any empathizers?,
> Julia.

empathically,