RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 19:18:17 -0700
Nieft / Secola wrote:
> BTW, Ellie, what is your acid-test for whether a food is addicting?

 I have no acid-test, but sometimes I sense that I am just too interested in stocking my pantry with
something (my head tells me I want
it) like the sweet corn. For me, that's a craving rather than an
attraction. After eating chapatis in India, I couldn't stay away from the
Indian resturants.

Thanks for the post on rare meat. I have much to think about. So far, I
wonder at what point the useful enzymes in RAF are destroyed in the
process of cooking and when the AGE's begin to form. Are there sugars in
meat that could be involved in forming AGE's in aging? Is it the
stimulants, the AGE's, that taste good and fool us. I was surprised to
learn that AGE's are formed in the body which would certainly be at low
temperatures. I wonder if it isn't a very individual thing depending on
our ancestry (like differences in blood type) whether we are adapted to
cooked food?

My best, Ellie