RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:44:07 -0500
Kirt says:

>You clearly don't understand the spiritual subtleties of being a vegan.

I beg to differ, Kirt. And to put my money where my mouth is, I suggest
that the most ethical thing to do to redress centuries of plant savagery by
so-called "civilization" (what a joke) is to genetically engineer a new and
improved species of man-eating venus flytrap. We need to recognize that
human beings are not only no better than animals, we are also no better
than plants. Everything in nature should have equal rights, and I say it's
time plants received justice! If we were really interested in equality of
all beings in the lack-of-hierarchy of nature, we would see that this is
truly the next evolutionary step--to go beyond the obvious and by now passe
status quo of animals rights and extend them to plants too. Everything in
nature is equal! And to right the wrongs of the past, it's also time we had
a little affirmative action plan to follow for a while to bring about the
balance. So to begin this plan, I hereby volunteer myself as the first meal
for whichever man-eating flytrap is developed first by the most unselfish
among you. I sure hope I taste good--and only regret that I have but one
meal to give for my listgroup. :^)

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>