RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 03:00:31 -0800
Do I need to get a Booster Shot?

Hi All!!!

On Monday Night at about 7:45pm I was underneath our House looking for
the Kitten my Cats just had and I put on some old sweats and went
Barefoot since if I got dirty I thought I could clean myself easily
and
also didn't have any old shoes around.  Well I ripped open the Skin on
my Little Toe on my Left Foot but it did not Bleed but it did get Dirt
in it and it was really Old Dirt and like no one had been down there
in
20 years but Rats, Cats, and Mice sure have I'm sure.  Also right as I
was leaving I got a Little Cut on my Left Heel from a Rusty Screw but
there was not Blood on the Screw and I wasn't even sure I was Bleeding
until I looked and saw I was.  So the Little Toe didn't Bleed at all
and
the Heel only for a few minutes and I did clean them with Soap and
Water
and put on some Tea Tree Oil but I didn't do that Great of a Job
because
I wasn't really that worried.  Well then I remembered about the "Rusty
Nail" Tetanus Stories and how you can get "Lockjaw" so I decided to
check out what it said on the Internet.  Well is was Down Right
Scary!!!
It said that you can Die from it and that once you've got it the
Mortality Rate is like 40% and once you've already got the Symptoms
it's
like too late and you have to go to the Hospital and hopefully they
can
save you Life while you're there for several weeks or 2-3 months and
on
Life Support - Geesh!!!

I typed in "rusty nail tetanus" in Netscape which uses Google.com to
Search and get some Great Info about Tetanus and that it's Really not
"Rusty Nail" Problem but when a Bacteria found in Soil.  Well here's
one
of the best overall explanations I found:

OnHealth: Tetanus -
http://www.onhealth.com/ch1/resource/conditions/fulltext/item,670.asp
-----
Tetanus is a dangerous nerve ailment caused by the toxin of a common
bacterium, Clostridium tetani. Bacterial spores are found in soil -
most
frequently in cultivated soil, least frequently in virgin soil. They
also exist in environments as diverse as animal excrement, house dust,
operating rooms, contaminated heroin and the human colon. If the
spores
enter a wound that penetrates the skin and extends deeper than oxygen
can reach, they germinate and produce a toxin that enters the
bloodstream.

This toxin, tetanospasmin, ranks with botulism toxin as the most
potent
known microbial poison. It is taken up from the blood by the outermost
nerves and moves inward toward the spine at a rate of about 10 inches
day. After 7 to 21 days, it begins to short-circuit nerve signals and
block the relaxation of muscles. This results in sustained muscle
contractions, notably the lockjaw for which tetanus is nicknamed.

. . .
-----

Well here's what I want to know:

Do I really need the Tetanus Booster Shot, can I do any other
Treatments, or did I even need to?

I've seen that when People get Gangrene in their Foot they chop that
part or the Whole Foot off and yet I know with Microwater that just
with
Soaking you Foot in the Acid Water and Drinking the Alkaline you can
keep you Foot.

Also, there are Devices like the Bob Beck and Hulda Clark Device to
name
a few and they can Kill Organisms and could that be enough?

I had a Motorcycle Accident over 5 years ago where I got really Deep
Cuts and Scraps that looked that really Meaty Look and I just used
Organic Wine and Organic Olive Oil on the Wounds and I Healed just
find
and never went to the Hospital.  But I never knew that I could die
from
Tetanus and I called my Dad who's a Doctor and he said why take the
Risk.

I called an Emergency Room that Night and asked what are the Chances
of
getting it and she said this wasn't Las Vegas and she doesn't give
Odds -
 :-) - and that it's Standard Policy to give a Booster Shot for even
Clean Cuts from Glass or a Kitchen Knife if you haven't had a Booster
Shot on 5-10 years.  I quizzed her more about Tetanus and he said it's
really rare because most People have had the Vaccine and Booster Shots
as Children in the U.S.

Earlier Today I asked a Doctor at a Clinic and he said it's probably a
99% Chance nothing will happen but why take the Chance.

I had told them I had the Vaccine as a Child and my last Booster Shot
when I was about 12 given to me My Father and why doesn't it last that
long and she said some type of Vaccines don't.

What I'm really worried about is that since I was 12, and I'm 34 now,
have not had any Medicine go into my Body and not even an Aspirin and
would like not to have to but don't want to take a chance if there
really is one.

I've read all about how Vaccinations are Dangerous, have Side Effects,
and Mutate into other Diseases and really aren't needed if you have a
Strong Immune System which I'm sure I have.  I eat Raw Meat for the
Most
Part and never get sick anymore and haven't been in years. I've been
eating a lot of Raw Food since about 1985 and Raw Meat Mostly now for
2
1/2 years and been sick with anything in about 5 and even then it was
like maybe ever few years I might get a Cold or something but never
anything anymore - Which is just Great!!! - But I think it's more than
just how I eat but also a Spiritual/Feeling, Mental/Emotional Thing.

So I want to hear all about what any of you know about Tetanus from
whatever angle you want and Personal Experiences I would really love,
and just want to know what you all think and what you'd do.  I was
told
there a 36-48 hour Window by one place and a 48-72 hour from another
and
at this moment I'm at about 30 hours.

Believe it or not I tried to get a Booster Shot today and everyplace I
went either didn't have the Shots there or the Doctor was gone or
didn't
treat Adults - Geesh!!! - Finally found a place and there was a Fire
nearby and got stuck in Traffic and missed them by 10 minutes.  so I
finally just went to the Emergency Room that was across the Street and
waited and hour only to find how Expensive that it could be to go
there
and they said to just go to a Clinic tomorrow and it would be really
Cheap or Free at some places.

Now I'm wondering if the Universe is saying to not get it or to get
it.

Now since I don't want any Vaccines in me if I can help it, I'm
wondering is a Bacteria Vaccine is not as Bad as a Virus Vaccine and
since I already had the Tetanus Vaccine and Booster Shots as a Kid,
and
from what I'm reading have some of it still floating around in my
System
now, what could the harm be in getting a Booster Shot and so why not
get
it because it would make a difference anyway and so since there's no
Risk of anything why take the Risk of not getting it.

Anyway, I think you All know what I'm asking and hopefully I'll get
some
Good Replies and we'll all learn something here - I know I sure have
so
far!!! :-)  I bet the Replies from our Non-U.S. Members will be
interesting if they don't even do the Tetanus Vaccinations in their
Country.

Thank you All so much in advance for your Replies.  If I go I should
go
later today so please get back to me as soon as you read this and I
will
read the Replies when I wake up and make my Decision.

I'm so glad I had you All to turn to since I know of really not other
place to go to get Feedback that I would Trust on something like this
where we Explore Alternative to the Standard Way things on done -
Thank
You!!! :-)

I'm so tired right now and want to get this Posted that I really
didn't
Proof Read so hopefully my Spelling and Grammar are pretty okay -
Thank
Again!!! :-)

 - Take Care!!

 - To Life, Love, Health, And Freedom!!!