RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 10:03:06 -0800
Sandy Rzetelny wrote:

> In a message dated 12/24/98 9:15:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> <<
>  Well, I don't know any human moms who would give their breast milk to anyone
>  except a child she was raising, although I know a few do.  And I can't
> imagine
>  any human moms that would allow the young of another species to suckle or or
>  someone to pump her body for milk for food of another species.
>   >>
> Jean Liedloff who wrote The Contnuum Concept about her experiences with the
> Yequana tribe in the jungles of Venezuela said that she saw women suckling
> orphaned baby monkeys. Apparantly it was an accepted practice there. BTW it
> was common for mothers to nurse human babies in the tribe other than their
> own.

Very true (and it's a great book) but is the jump we're expected to
make here that because humans will suckle children -- even species --
other than their own, that wild animals can be expected to have allowed
humans to drink their milk often enough for non-human milk to have
become a food to which humans are adapted??

I must admit that, with the holiday season and all, I haven't been
paying very close attention to this thread, so I could be misrepre-
senting some folks' ideas.  I kinda hope so.

:)
Carol