RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:36:47 -0800
I just wanted to say welcome back to David Mayne!

I think that Internet is having a real impact on the raw community,
and this list (raw-food) seems to be the most influential. Because
of Internet, otherwise isolated raw fooders have access to extensive
information and, in some cases, free advice. Since people started
comparing notes regarding their experience with raw diets on Internet,
the raw community appears to be opening up to new ideas and approaches.
The "party line" is being challenged, and people are more willing to
try different approaches.

Of course the extremists are still around, and many of them are quite active
on Internet (figuratively, making a "big noise"). However, the truth is
getting out as well, and despite their false bravado, it is my opinion that
many extremists are "running scared". Their false models of nature, junk/
crank science, and mis-representations are being now being challenged
openly. It is getting harder and harder for the extremists to fool others.
I also believe the next few years will see major changes in the raw movement,
and I think the extremists won't like those changes.

Others are welcome to comment on the above...

Again, a big welcome back to David!

Regards,
Tom Billings