RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 03:33:54 EDT
>Does anyone exercise early in the am?  If so, what do you recommend
>for food/drink?  If I don't have anything, I get the burn.  Is that
>psychological?

I've been known to. I give. What's the "burn".  If I'm going to exercise
aerobically, it's easier for me if i drink water first.  Otherwise, don't
usually take anything before noonish.

>Bob, My friend is heading to LA and will be calling Eileen's contact
>about the possible teaching gig.  Thanks.

Oh, it was you who asked about a Japanese tutor!  I hope it works out.
Save Eileen's e-mail address.  I'll bet you guys have lots in common (but
she's not into raw foods yet despite my attempts to show her the light).

Meredith:
>To anyone who eats raw potatoes.  Any difference between them?  Does
>that sound equivalent to a dolt asking if there's any difference between
>various wines?  If so, I apologize.  I've had sweet potato.  While I
>was at Bread and Circu, the guy there told me that the white sweet
>potatoes were the only ones not touched with chemicals for storage.
>hat's why there are so few of them in reltaionship to the Red Garnets,
>yams. >etc..
>So, how do you eat them?  Any hints would be great.

Yes, they're all different, I'm afraid. You got russets, Yukon gold,
redskins, jewel and garnet yams, sweet potatoes, a whole panoply of
flavors, none of which I liked raw until I'd been on raw foods for a long
time.  Now I like garnets nearly always, Yukon gold sometimes, and baby
redskins occasionally.  Those big white suckers I hardly ever like,
although they tasted especially good after my long fast in Feb/Mar.
Interesting.  At least potatoes keep for a long time, so if you're not in
the mood, not to worry.  How do I eat them?  Sometimes I slice and eat,
sometimes just bite into them like an apple.  I guess raw newcomers would
rather slice them thinly and drop onto salads or mix them in the juicer
with carrot juice, but I'm now more of a non-recipe one food at a time
kind of guy.  Will you still like me in the morning?