RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:15:52 -0800
At 11/30/01 08:57 AM -0800, you wrote:
>Pros and cons?
>Health risks?
>
>I'm about to start experimenting with this. Probably
>one raw egg a day. Will let you guys know how the
>experiment goes...
>
>-fk

When I am eating eggs, I buy them fresh at the farmers market. They have
not been washed or refrigerated. I then keep them on the kitchen counter
for weeks. I don't think I have ever kept any longer than four weeks. Once
when I cracked the egg open the yolk stuck to the shell. The only effect
was loose bowels. I did not get sick. I usually break four into a cup and
drink it down. You can also poke a hole in each end and suck the insides
out. This is known as "Rocky" style. You can eat the shell. Some people
blend the whole egg with other things into a smoothie. Eggs are a good
source of raw fat and cholesterol. Some instinctos separate the yolk and
white and eat according to taste. I always eat whole eggs.