RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 19:14:49 +0200 (MET DST)
Stefan:

> But if some abnormal substances are enriched in the plant? Then it would
> be worse to consume such a plant than to cook a naturally grown one.
> You know, that toxins are enriched in the nutrition chain!

Maybe. That such an accumulation of toxins occurs still has to be
proved, but even if it is the case, I am still almost convinced that a
raw plant that had grown on a denatured soil is still better than a
cooked wild plant of the same variety.

> A fire burns 95% of the area it covers to ash. 5% are in a state between
> raw and ash, more or less cooked. The probability to get the 5% is low.
> And nature has adapted to the ash of the 95% area.
> Maybe a bit to simplistic. Anyway, ash seems to get handled by plants
> while high-heap compost does definitely not.

But your 5% had reached a much higher temperature than a compost, and
thus contains some molecules that you won't find in a compost.

My opinion: if you find a difference of taste between organic,
instinctive quality and wild, it is due to  *different conditions of maturation
(depends if fruits are harvested
"green-mature", etc...)
 *different composition of the soil: composts are more "concentrate"
than natural earth, and -I agree- the final concentrations in composts
of different temperatures may be different (but it doesn't mean that
"dangerous" molecules necessarily appear in concentrations that the
body cannot deal with).

> I read somewhere that birds are craving for insects of the 5% area and
> after a fire search systematically for them. Interesting. Are birds
> genetically adapted to cooked/grilled insects?
> Very interesting experiments are to be made here.

I suppose they react like humans: grilled food smells pleasant, and we
still do not understand why.

> Autolysis is a mechanism for your body to get nutrients that are missing
> from nutrition. This has nothing to do with auto-immune diseases.

I know...

> A weak immune system can't react adequately to an intoxication while a
> strong one will react drastically. This is my view of the thing.
> Maybe that having a tolerance is sometimes more comfortable in life
> but if it will serve you in the long run is what I doubt. I prefer getting
> rid of my toxins even if this feels cruel sometimes.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. For me, the fact that you are sick after,
say, a cooked meal, means that your immune system against Maillard
molecules (for instance) is weak. I didn't say that your immunologic
defenses against polio was weak, these are two different things. For
me, a man who keeps a virus in his body all his life but still remains
healthy has a stronger immune system (against that virus) than a man
who gets rid of the virus after 2 weeks of severe illness. The
parallel with any toxic substance is almost evident: a man who can eat
cooked food all his life without ill effects obviously has a stronger
immune system *against abnormal molecules* than a raw-foodist who is
unable to eat steamed vegetables.

If you train your immune system (like a weight-lifter), it becomes
stronger. The principle is the same with vaccinations: vaccines can of
course be considered as a (very mild) poison, but strengthens the
immune system against the microbe. Mithridate was known to have become
immune to poisons after having regularly ingested little quantities of
each one.

I see no advantage to have harsh detox symptoms, I prefer to detox
smoothly, without noticing anything. Moreover, a man who passes out
each time he drinks 1/2 glass of alcohol is not necessarily more
healthy than a man who drinks 1 glass/week. Of course, since I don't
have to drink alcohol at all, I chose to stop completely, but I prefer
to keep some "toleration" to 1 ordinary, organic egg every 2 weeks
than be dependent on Orkos and cassia like you (and I repeat than you
are not necessarily healthier than me).

[And maybe all my pseudo-ideas are wrong and I should undergraduate
courses in biology...]

> I strongly encourage you to do so now! Hey, there are enough problems
> getting reported. So if you got positive experiences, come out with them!
> I would appreciate this very much. Please, don't wait until the situation
> seems to be stable. It might last longer than you think... :-)

I will do that, but I need to organize my ideas before posting a
somewhat lengthy message...

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis.