RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 16:30:39 +0000
Hi Bob (or Bo7b??? still not clear),

may I propose my own humble policy with citing:

If I'm citing someone, let's say you for this example, I start with the name of
the writer and put > before the text he/she wrote, like here:

Bob:
>[BS:  After 7 year all-raw & 3 yr "trying Instincto", I fear I'm still doing
>excessive conscious mental direction.  I'm STILL not doing much selection
by nose, since except for fruit & aged foulfat, the ol' nose is still not
>responding much to foods, so Instincto is still mostly 'eat what tastes
>delicious & quit eating it as soon as it quits tasting delicious'.
> Suggestions?]

And my own text just follows this (like here) without >.
If you already cited someone in the text I cited from you, we come to level two.
Example:

>>Ellie:
>>...toxicosis...
>
>Bob:
>...comments...

This may continue to any level but I think exceeding level 3 makes things hard
to understand.

Okay, back to what you asked for: instinctive food selection.
Fruits seem to have the strongest smell together with that aged foulfat you
mentioned (I guess you meant aged meat/fat/fish... right?).
Vegetables and nuts if very fresh are strong too but the smell quickly decreases
if they are aging and loosing water. A trick may help you then.

Veggies: buy with green if possible. Smell the green (examples: carrots,
kohlrabi). This is what our ancestors would have done when it was a veggie
growing under the earth. They were attracted by the smell of the green parts,
not by the smell of the part beneath.
Also try cutting a small slice from the veggies and smell this.

Nuts, seeds: Read Tom Billings advices for soaking and sprouting. Try to buy
freshly harvested ones (but watch out for treatment/hot drying etc.) Smell them
after soaking two hours up to several days. Try sprouting them. Then try
smelling each day - eat when best (in fact this is a two pass algorithm because the
day the smell decreases you will know that it has been best yesterday :-))

If nothing works, go on with your practice described above. Just taste it.
If not needed, your body will refuse it by giving a disappointing or ugly taste.
But PLEASE: don't proceed this way with unknown plants or mushrooms!!! If you
just start eating it relaying on the stop, you may get more toxic substances
than would be good for you before the stop comes!

Instinctive regards,

Stefan