RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy D'Souza ~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 18:26:18 -0800
Vicki Dorn:
>In regards to Roy's recent post to the list regarding the Farsi phrase "Khom
 >Gia Khori" and subsequent slander of NFL, I would like to share the
 >experience of my friend Farzod who is from Iran.
  >Farzod was raised a vegan and has never eaten any animal foods in his life.
 >He is trying to go raw now (and is working very hard at it!) : )
  >Farzod's grandfather lived in a village near Isfahan, south of Tehran, where
 >the entire community was vegan with several raw-foodists.
 >Farzod was raised within that tradition, but actually spent half his
 >childhood in Tehran and the other half in the San Francisco/Bay Area.
  >I asked Farzod about Khom Gia Khori and he said it meant, in Farsi, a
 >"raw-vegetarian" and is quite a common expression in Tehran.

I did ask my friend, Mohsen, who grew up in Isfahan, if he had heard of
an indigenous raw-food culture in Iran around that region.
He hadn't, but offered to use his contacts back in Iran to provide
an independant confirmation. What he needs from you is information
about your friend's community:
     what is their exact address?
     how big is that community?
     for how many generations have they been raw?
     what is their motivation for being raw?

If there is indeed a sufficiently large and sufficiently long-term raw foodist
movement in Iran, as David Wolfe claims, this would be a really exciting
discovery, since we would for the first time in recorded history have a sample
set that we could study and draw statistically meaningful conclusions from.

I'm sure that others on this list will have independant contacts that can
confirm or deny the existance of this raw food culture. This is really
outstanding. When can you get us this information?

RoyD