RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tatiana Kozlova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:06:40 PST
hi wes,

> I'm not planning on eating any, but if I were to decide to do it, it'd
> be nice to have some certainty regarding safety.

i know that there are certain types of parasites found in fresh water fish
could be very dangerous for humans. they survive the digestion process and
get into human either liver or brain, and over the number of years they eat
these organs away. it may take quite time, but there is no known medical
treatment against these kind of parasites. my friend's father got them when
he was young and liked fishing, by now he does not have almost any liver
left, he is basially living from day to day.

also this summer i lived on the grand cayman island and one day went on a
fishing trip. we caught huge deep ocean fish, but when we opened it up,
there were parasites inside of the flesh, not in the intestines. only i
noticed them, others didn't pay much attention to those black spots on the
internal belly, and i bet they would eat them. yak...

if i eat fish, i eat it cooked, but you are right, it does make me feel
down.

tatiana