RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Tweden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:40:01 -0800
Hello, this is my first post and hopefully not my last.  I am a newbie
to the purpose of the raw diet.  I enjoy this list, it is very
informative, and not over my head technically (which my LoCarb list
sometimes is!)  So, I am hoping this Raw Discussion is not ending!

My question is; can I over do on the garlic?  I have a Vita-Mix
(finally!!), and blended 4 cloves of garlic and 1/2 cup of water, then
tried to drink it.  Now all you veterans, quit laughing!  Yes, I
thought
I was going to die...  just a figure of speech.  I did experience some
interesting gastric events!  Now I blend 1 or 2 cloves in my veggie
drink (once a day).  Two cloves is a bit hot, my husband thinks I am
over doing it.  I would appreciate your comments.  I respect the
health
benefits of garlic, and love this new way of eating (lost 7 lbs the
first week!!), and the mental effects are awesome.

Thank you for all your posts,
Diane