RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:29:05 -0500
On Tue, 2 Feb 0100 11:53:30 +0100, Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>1) Cooking doesn't kill all bacteria. However, as bacteria are
>   partially destroyed, cooking decreases the probability of being
>   infected.

>5) Infections occur most of the time with animal foods (meat, seafood,
>   eggs, dairy), although I have heard about unpasteurized fruit juice
>   and alfafa sprouts contaminated with E. Coli. So, one is left with
>   the dilemma of choosing between having an occasional infection (if
>   you eat animal food) and risking deficiencies (if you don't).

Very good points.  This reminded me of this website on a bacteria
found in
pasteurized milk in more instances than raw milk.

http://www.maff.gov.uk/inf/newsrel/1998/980810b.htm

>8) Food is many, many times safer than cars. Deaths by road accidents
>   are thousands of times more frequent than deaths by bacterial
>   infection.

I'm definatitely going to use this analogy in a debate.

Keith