RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 15:44:28 -1000
Kirt:
>> We, too, are a domesticated animal and that may have changed some of the
>> nutritional rules for some of us.

Rex:
>ABSOLUTELY, ABSOLUTELY, ABSOLUTELY!!!---our food is junk.  You've got to learn
>how to measure quality and then DEMAND it.
>
>You've summed it up.  When someone claims they simply couldn't do well on a
>particular diet (raw, cooked, fruit, whatever), they are talking b.s.
>unless they
>have considered the QUALITY of that diet.  Person A on a high Brix diet will
>thrive even as person B, on an apparently similar, but low Brix diet, is
>failing
>to make a go of it on toxic matter.

The problem of quality is always there. But for most people the option of
having a perfect food supply (whether by brix standards or toxin-free
purity or wild or whatever "perfect" is) is so inconvenient as to be
unobtainable. Further, no matter how much time, energy, or money one spends
raising/foraging/hunting/buying the highest quality food, you could always
say it just wasn't high enough quality. And while quality is important it
seem like cheating to me to be able to use it as the trumph card in every
situation where a diet doesn't give the claimed results.

One other thought: if grain/mineral supplements help livestock to be
healthy on less than perfect pasture (Perfect pasture is probably as
unrealistic as Perfect food IMO) then what is wrong with that? Yeah, it
would be best to have perfect pasture (and perfect food) but in the real
world we don't. So if some amounts of (animal foods, cooked foods,
supplements, whatever) helps people achieve their health goals (despite
these items taboo status in some raw regimes)--well, that sounds great to
me. A real solution for the real world. Beats the heck outta chasing the
Perfection excuse for one's whole life. I don't know.

>BTW, let up on your toxic-talk about Wes.  Who are you going to have left
>after
>you've run off everybody?  You're sounding too much like Jeff Ross.

Ha. You're not the only one who thinks so. I guess I'm a bit burnt out by
Wes-like folks and have less patience than I should. JL, on the other hand,
held delightful tone and protocol throughout. Wes didn't seem to notice the
difference, did he? It seems what ruffled his feathers was that folks
challenged his ideas and his self-proclaimed role as expert. JL did so
gentlemanly; Liza less so; myself somehwere in between I guess. I doubt he
has any use for any of us three. Even you, Rex, typed a few lines intended
to reel the boy in a bit, if I remeber correctly. Perhaps you could have
been even more realistic with him more often (as opposed to stroking him
with broad compliments to soothe his ego) and he would've gotten the point.
I doubt it, but if you're gonna blame _me_ for Wes' behavior, why not blame
yourself as well ;) ;)

Still, Wes is a big boy, and he is responsible for running off (if he has),
as he is responsible for how he ran on. I am not running him off. I just
don't care about him as much as other folks appear to. My fatal flaw
perhaps...;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft