RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 11:41:26 -0700
Douglas Schwartz:
>It all depends on how you define "underweight."  I might look at the
>person you describe as underweight and instead describe them as
>"sleek" or "trim."  The more you restrict your calories, the longer
>you live, so suit yourself and live according to your own
>priorities.

Kirt:
>>and if I died tomorrow, I know that I have "wailed with it" as
>> Ken Kesey might say.

Dou:
>A lot of the calorically-restricted make the same comments, and
>rather than feeling deprived by their regimen, they feel much
>better.

This is good news.

Never heard of the calorically-restricted before. Glad to know there is
among them one Douglas Schwartz who believes, as I do, "so suit yourself
and live according to your own priorities". Tell me, is the group as
over-represented with the "evangelical" as one sees amoung the natural
hygienists? It sounds from your post that natural hygiene is pretty foreign
to most of them. Since it seems you have a foot solidly in both worlds,
have you any insights into how they, as my high school english teacher so
often said, "compare and contrast" to the NHers. Or better yet, how about
posting the sub info for the list. I might be interested in lurking a bit
on their trials and tribulations.

Cheers,
Kirt