RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:44:28 -0400
Roberta J. Leong wrote:

>I also very vaguely recall hearing this same story reported over the
>radio and I think a number of tests were done from sampling chickens
>from stores (fresh as well as frozen), and also directly from the source
>(fresh), but I cannot be certain now - it was half a year ago.

It was from a Consumers Reports article of a half year ago. Yes, they
puchased them in lots of stores. They also purchased so called free range.
The contamination rate was very high, like two thirds. They also visited
some farms. Free-range often just meant there was a door on the side of the
barn to a small yard that the chicken could go out if so inclined. The
article should be easy to find in any library.

Don.