RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:30:09 -0400
Well, I started it today so I might as well go on and ahead and finish it.

I was most pleased to find organic meat in a store today and ended up
buying some ground veal.  Just had it a few mins ago; smelled okay, but
I'm not sure I was completely hungry (even fish didn't smell too good at
that time, which IS weird).  But I went on to try it, maybe more out of
curiousity than genuine hunger; it tasted just as average as it smelled,
unfortunately.

In short, I didn't have as much fun with my ground veal today as I thought
I would. I hope it is not because of its inferior quality (it's OCIA
certified).  I'll try again some other time I suppose.  I also hope that
it isn't because the meat was frozen at the time I bought it, that it's
lost some of its appeal.  Freezing food does modify it just as cooking
does, isn't it so?  In any case, any input on how to now store this meat
(freeze?) would again be appreciated.  I have little experience with
handling such foods.

Have any of you tried ground veal?  Is there somehting about it that
makes it particularly uninteresting?  What would taste better as far as
raw meats go?  Chicken?  Lamb?  Beef?  I certainly hope I'm not doomed
with all raw meats; what a shame that would be (then again, maybe it'd be
no shame at all).