RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:13:40 +0100
Hi,

Blake Graham cited David Klein as follows:
>The major component of sea salt is sodium chloride, which is also the =
>major component of table salt. Sea salt is touted as being healthier =
>that table salt because the former has more trace minerals and the =
>latter is heat processed. Nonetheless, sodium chloride in any form is =
>extremely toxic--it impairs all of our metabolic and cellular functions. =

This is some funny propaganda. Sodium chloride is necessary for every
cell of our body to function. Each cell contains so called sodium and
potassium channels.
Also sodium chloride is important to build the stomach acid. People who
don't take up enough sodium chloride (e.g. fruitarians) mostly discover
that they can't digest proteins any longer.

This does   n o t   mean that you should consume refined table salt. But
if your diet lacks sodium chloride or is low in it, like all raw diets, you
might have to supply it by using natural sea salt.

>Because it is toxic, the body retains water to dilute the toxicity so we =

The further conclusions of David Klein rely on the false fact that
sodium chloride is always toxic. Therefore I won't discuss then and
jump to the next point.

>A high salt diet leads to excess sodium =
>becoming "locked into" to cells, creating cellular dysfunction.

This of course is true. Too much salt, especially in modern diets which
make heavy use of table salt, is toxic.

>THE TRUTH ABOUT VINEGAR, by Kenneth S. Jaffrey, Naturopath, from his =
>Vinegar is a poison and even when dignified by the addition of the words =
>"Apple cider" it is still a poison. Vinegar is diluted acetic acid.

Since vinegar does not belong to the foods which can be found in nature
I won't discuss it here. Personally I don't use vinegar.

The same applies to:
>BRAGG LIQUID AMINOS: THE SCAM REVEALED

Blake, I would like to see some thoughts of your own on this topic.
How about writing a comment to the articles you cited?

Best regards,

Stefan