RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Blake Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:14:56 +0800
Treating Multiple Sclerosis with Diet: Fact or Fraud?
http://www.pcrm.org/health/Preventive_Medicine/multiple_sclerosis.html
A similar article to this, also by Dr McDougall is available here.
http://www.drmcdougall.com/science/ms.html

"Patients who limited their saturated fat intake to less than 20 grams a day no longer showed the expected deterioration from the disease."

"Among patients whose saturated fat intake was 17 grams or less daily, the death rate over a 35-year-period was 31 percent-close to normal. The death rate was 21 percent for the patients who kept to that low level of fat consumption and who started the diet within three years of diagnosis of the disease. On the other hand, patients consuming more than 25 grams of saturated fat daily had a death rate of 79 percent over the period of the study; nearly half of those deaths were directly due to MS."

Dr. Swank's Low Fat Diet and Multiple Sclerosis

http://www.drmcdougall.com/Newsletter/nov_dec2.htm

"We found if patients started early, before they had disability, and we placed them on the diet at that point, and they followed the low fat diet very carefully, they had a 95% of a good result--in other words they remain free from further disability. When we compared our patients, those strictly on the diet, the death rate was something like 31%. In all the others who were off the diet, the death rate was about 80% after 35 years. They not only avoided death from MS, but also from heart and other diseases."

Other Articles:

Multiple Sclerosis and Food Hypersensitivities

 http://chetday.com/msandfood.html

The Critical Need for Dietary Research into the Cause and Progression of Multiple Sclerosis

 http://chetday.com/msresearch.html

Nutritional Factors and Multiple Sclerosis

 http://chetday.com/msnutrition.htm

Sunlight Exposure Beneficial In Multiple Sclerosis

 http://www.mercola.com/2000/may/28/sunlight_m_s.htm

Vitamin D For MS Patients

http://www.mercola.com/2001/apr/25/vitamin_d.htm