RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:48:39 -0800

> Kirt:
>
> > Has anyone ever seen an analysis of marrow that they could share with me?

Unsaturated fat has a lower melting point which allows the fat in fat
cells to remain in a liquid state. This is important for some purposes,
for instance, only liquid fat can be hydrolyzed and transported from the
fat cells. We need both unsaturated and saturated. I find I am sometimes
very attracted to the softer, more unsaturated bone marrow. Lately I've
been also attracted to some harder lamb fat. I'll be very interested
too, if anyone has info on grain fed vs. pastured. I may lose my source
of pastured beefalo.

My best, Ellie