RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 07:11:47 -1000
Christopher:
>Peter, it is curious to note your defensive posture on behalf of Kirt.  He
>is well able to speak for himself, as we know.  Perhaps he had good reason
>for letting me go uncontested when I pointed out his recent (as you term
>it) "ideological u-turn."

It's much simpler than that Christopher. I could see this conversation was
going nowhere (your response to Peter shows that IMO) and I had other
things to do.

> Kirt's change of heart is a fact, Peter, not an
>baseless barb on my part as you suggest.  Having withdrawn an adulatory
>book manuscript about Burger and two other gurus, Kirt now, as I understand
>it, styles himself an "ex-Instincto."  When you suggest I was unfair to
>him, you are unfair to me.

No one doubts that I have changed my diet. Perhaps what is unfair is your
cherry-picking of our ms in public when it was given to you privately and
in good faith to preview and critique. Oh well, live and learn.

>Just like Kirt, all of us need to learn the fine art of honoring a teacher
>without lapsing into cultic servility ... or its flip side, jaded cynicism.

Cultic servility? Jaded cynicism? Certainly I was more guilty of both in
the past than I am the present. You know it seems like you're simply pissed
at me for experimenting with cooked foods. Or is it pointing out the shitty
track record of instincto? Or is it just the idea that 'instincto doesn't
make all the difference in the world' that pees a bit on your celebration.
There's all sorts of things to celebrate in this world but perseverating on
instincto (or e gads, Ahret!) may be more obsessive than exultory.

You can have the last word, Christopher. Make sure it is really JUICY so
you can imagine that I was so taken aback that I was rendered speechless,
eh? ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft